11 April 2011

sigh

this pissed me off, mostly because it's hardcore stereotyping and it's just not true anymore than all Republicans are all right-wing, bible-thumping bigots.

-By Warner Todd Huston

This is one of those chain emails that I rarely bother with. But this one is particularly funny and bitingly true. Well, true after I rewrote it a bit...

Why I Vote Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I believe a 4% profit by oil companies on a gallon of gas is obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% (or more) isn't.
maybe the government needs it more because it's actually helping people with it rather than just using it to buy another yacht.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending my money than I can.
who the hell else is going to pay the deficit?

3. I voted Democrat because because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. And if I can stop those other people from saying those things then let's write a law or something.

when people's "freedom of speech" caused one to kill or maim, it's not a freedom anymore. sorry. just because you can open your maw and say it doesn't mean you have the right.

4. I voted Democrat because because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves who strike without notice.
i don't even know where to start with this one. how often to guns protect people from murderers and thieves? how often are guns really used in SELF-DEFENSE rather than OFFENSE? how many times do people shoot intruders or people who are going to kill them? i'm thinking not often enough to off-set the non-self-defense violence happening in our streets everyday.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius, buy Carbon Credits, or do without modern comforts.
i'm sorry your Hummer means that much to you. unless you're in the military or live in the Grand Canyon, i just don't see a point to owning such a large off-road vehicle. if you have the money to pay for 9mpg, then by all means, throw that money away. the government is just going to take it anyway. oh, and you'll probably get a great write-off for having a car that's so heavy it's considered farm equipment.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all murderers on death row alive.
i love the black and white about this one. the abortion issue is PERSONAL AND PRIVATE and NO FUCKING MAN TELLS ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY BODY. abortions in 2008 numbered 1.2 million in 2008, which was 19% of the overall population of women. that is down 10% from 1981. abortions are going to happen, whether it's legal or not, and until you offer up some better solutions to KEEPING that child (i.e, better family leave, better health benefits, more child care deductions, equal pay) then shut your mouth. and something tells me that you don't actually mourn the loss of any one particular child, you're just pissed women have the right to choose whether they want to have your conservative love spawn.

as for Death Row, how can one group of people want to save one faction of life and kill another? it's like killing abortion doctors. the ends justify the means in someway? anyway, until our judicial system is free from mistakes (i.e, DNA mistakes) that put innocent men and women to death, Death Row should be abolished.

and the difference is: one women aborting a child that is hers is of no concern to anyone else but her and her lover. killing an innocent man by several because they don't like they THINK he did concerns a lot more people. and, quite possible, this person was raised by someone who didn't want them.


7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits at my expense.
again, here's that black and white thing. if the road to citizen weren't paved with attorney expenses and forms that even a Harvard PhD would find difficult, maybe we would have more aliens paying their own way. but other than that, i have nothing. i feel that any illegal alien who has not at least made an attempt to become a citizen in X amount of years in the US should be deported. sorry.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make a profit. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as we Democrats see fit.
think of Exxon, BP, walmart and all of those bottom-swilling a-holes when you read this statement. that's when i get mad. large corporation have many more tax shelters than the small business owner. if you have one shop and maybe 10 employees, you probably won't made much of a profit because any money you make will be taxed and taxed again unless you can afford a really really good CPA. but you can bet your sweet ass Boeing, CitiGroup, Bank of America, Arch Coal, ExxonMobil will continue to pay nothing in corporate taxes, while Bob's Shoppe of Fish will pay a lot more.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few weeks to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters otherwise.
what?? yes, i'm sure no conservative judge has ever done this ever. and site your sources so i can argue them effectively.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to get oil from people who hate us, but not drill for our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or a gopher or something.
we get more oil from Canada than from the Persian Gulf. But thanks for doing your research.

11. I voted Democrat because I am sick and tired of all the mean-spirited rhetoric in politics. And if you don't like that, you are a racist, homophobe that wants to kill old people and children... oh, and you're a Nazi.
when you say mean things about one particular group of people, that's pretty shallow and immature. and the Dems weren't the ones who were crying about the "killing old people," now were we? the problem is the people running the political show these days just seem like kids in the school yard, crying to the lunch lady, rather than trying to figure out a solution. as my parents always told me, there will be a lot of people you don't always agree with or get along with, but somehow you have to make it work.

12. I voted Democrat because, while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I want to change it all with that promised "HOPE AND CHANGE."
whatever we were doing when this place was great, it's not working anymore. the rich are getting richer (and i'm sure the Reps like it this way) and the poor are getting poorer. our educational system is sinking in the mire of religious fundamentalism and corporations are putting americans out of work by shipping production overseas. the US doesn't produce hardly any of its own materials anymore, including food, clothes and cars. and what is being made here in america is so overpriced that americans can't afford to buy it.

this country still has the potential to be great, when we stop focusing on the individual and help out the many.


13. I voted Democrat because the United States has been the most evil influence on the world and we need to take her arrogance down a notch. After all, we are worse than terrorists, our school teachers told us so!
please see #11. i can't imagine why other countries hate us so much when we try to change them to be just like us. we have little tolerance for other country's customs and way of life. that just because they aren't mass consumers of nothing, like us, then they must be bad, or, at the very least, in need of some help from us. what i don't get is how all these countries claim to hate us, but then whine when they need help and the US ISN'T RIGHT THERE RIGHT AWAY (Libya, i'm looking at you. of course, pretty soon, we won't have the money to keep coming to these rescues. maybe they can turn to China or India instead.

* But most of all I voted Democrat because it makes me better than YOU just because.... well, just because it makes me feeeeeel good.
i feel that the problem with a lot of well-to-do Republicans is that they don't think they (or their families) will ever need the help of the government, so they don't see the need in funding programs they'll never use. and because i don't have any rich relatives to help out by passing tax shelters or supporting nepotism, and i am clearly closer to poverty than any Rep in the government, i guess i'd actually rather my tax money go to those who actually need it. and yes, i do feel good about that. now excuse me while i donate to Planned Parenthood, NPR, and go volunteer at my local animal shelter.


Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2011/04/voting-democrat-is-wholly-illogical-based-only-on-childish-feelings.html#ixzz1JDgPFVtL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker